A tradition during October’s Co-op Month, the Cooperative Development Foundation’s Co-op 5K will be held on Saturday October 22, 2016 this year.
Runners, walkers and four legged companions are invited to do The Co-op 5k, a fun, family-oriented race/walk held annually in the greater Washington, DC area. The course is 3.1 miles (5 kilometers) and participants can choose to run, walk, or jog. Prizes are available for fastest running times among age groups, largest team, and highest fundraising team. There are also prizes drawing throughout the event for all who attend, including volunteers!
This year’s race is sponsored by the National Cooperative Bank and Emmet.
Here are the details:
Date: October 22, 2016
Location: Hains Point, EastPotomac Park
Race Start: 8:00 am
Prizes: 9:30 am – 10:00 am
Food and Coffee: 7:30 AM – 10:00 am
Save the date for this great Co-op Month event in the nation’s capital!
Sponsorship opportunities are available; visit the Co-op 5K event page to learn more.
Proceeds from the event will support the Cooperative Development Foundation’s work to promote community economic and social development through cooperative enterprise. CDF provides:
• grants to cooperatives recovering from natural disasters at home and abroad
• bridge loans for the purchase and renovation of cooperative housing
• support for research and education related to the development of home care worker cooperatives
• grants for international cooperative development projects
• scholarships to support training for boards and staffs of food cooperatives
For more information about the Cooperative Development Foundation, go to: www.cdf.coop.